|Lieu de travail||***CH Suisse/ Schweiz/ Switzerland***, 2000 Neuchatel|
|Expérience professionnelle réquise||non|
|Brève description||The Soft Transducers Laboratory (EPFL-LMTS) at the EPFL in Neuchatel, Switzerland has an opening for a talented and motivated postdoc to develop high-performance sub mm-sized soft actuators for applications in microfluidics, haptics, and robotics.|
|Description complète||Your Tasks|
You will develop a new generation of sub mm-size soft actuators with unrivaled performance (force strain, speed), and perform detailed electromechanical characterization of those devices. You will investigate phenomena that limit operation and develop new methods to push back those limits. Your tasks include:
• Develop fabrication methods in our cleanroom enabling arrays of sub-mm scale electrostatic actuators.
• Model the actuators (analytical and FEM) to guide design towards lower voltage and higher performance
• Develop and automate test benches for device characterization (mechanical, electrical, optical)
• Understand the interplay between materials, device architecture, and operating conditions on performance and lifetime
• Create demonstrators to validate applications in soft robotics and haptics (with partner labs)
• Publish in high level journals
- 12-month contract, renewable (CDD)
- Start date: 1.06.2021 or by arrangement
- Work location is Neuchatel, Switzerland.
- Excellent facilities (state of the art cleanrooms, dedicated platform for soft matter processing, extensive characterization equipment)
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment.
- Competitive salary
To apply for the position, please email a CV, cover letter, university transcript, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. (incomplete applications will not be considered)
Further information about our lab in general can be found at www.epfl.ch/labs/lmts/
|Offre d'emploi (voir PDF ->)||LMTS_EPFL_Postdoc soft actu 2021|