|Lieu de travail||***CH Suisse/ Schweiz/ Switzerland***, Zurich|
|Expérience professionnelle réquise||oui|
|Expérience professionnelle||Senior Professional (4 ans et plus d'experience)|
|Description complète||We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.|
Our Clinical and Pharmacovigilance teams manage studies to provide the safety and efficacy data required for regulatory approval of potential new drugs, vaccines and new indications for existing products. We ensure we conduct high quality clinical trials by integrating state-of-the-art technology and applying rigorous scientific and ethical standards
Due to team expansion, we are currently looking for an experienced Global Clinical Data Management - Operations Manager (GDO) to be based in our new office in Zürich.
Under the direction of the GDO leadership, the GDO Operations Manager is responsible for leading primarily Senior Clinical Data Managers (SCDMs) and Clinical Data Managers (CDMs) in operations tasks, both strategic and tactical in nature, within a Data Management Center (DMC). They are responsible for ensuring the consistent execution of quality processes and deliverables and managing the workload and development of their direct staff. Encourages effective interaction of DMC staff with business partners to achieve common objectives.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct Line Management of SCDM and CDMs (Lead CDMs if needed).
• Escalates to appropriate leadership/management as needed as risks and needs arise in the business.
• Increases functional effectiveness by supporting departmental efforts to simplify and standardize procedures to the greatest extent possible, sharing best practices and participating or leading in continuous improvement efforts.
• Participates in or Leads GDO Business Excellence Networks (BENs), GDO improvement efforts, SME networks, GDO and/or GDMS special initiatives as needed, related to such business areas as; resource planning, technology management, quality, compliance, innovation, etc.
• Facilitates and/or participates in management and functional area meetings, contributing expertise when necessary through formal or informal presentations.
• Keeps abreast of process and technology changes both within and outside of MSD that may impact staff and business
• May support any other projects or perform any other data management task deemed appropriate by management.
• Supports GDO management team to set objectives and lead the team to achieve the business goals.
• Leads and/or participates in initiatives beyond Data Management (e.g. cross-divisional projects, cross-industry initiatives, etc.).
• Trains staff on business processes, operations and tools.
• B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in life sciences, computer science, or related discipline.
• At least 5 years’ experience in Clinical Trials and 2 years’ experience in People Management or equivalent demonstrated leadership. Data Management preferred but not required.
• Fluency in English (oral and written).
• Willingness to travel up to 10%.
• Knowledge of E2E clinical development process.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Strong project management, decision making, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills.
• Ability to establish effective personal relationships across a wide range of business contacts.
• Ability to build talent and lead teams with influencing and development skills.
• Able to work under pressure in a changing environment with flexibility.
Our Clinical and Pharmacovigilance teams manage studies to provide the safety and efficacy data required for regulatory approval of potential new drugs, vaccines and new indications for existing products. We ensure we conduct high quality clinical trials by integrating state-of-the-art technology and applying rigorous scientific and ethical standards.
Our company has had a presence in Switzerland since 1963. With a regional office and manufacturing/packaging facility, Lucerne is considered the centre of operations. Approximately 1,000 people work collaboratively at the four Lucerne locations (Weystrasse, Citybay, Schachen and Kriens). A fifth location has been recently established in Zurich, aimed at accelerating the development and commercialization of many of our company’s medicines and vaccines, which supports our mission to save and improve lives around the world. The new location has a target date of 2021 for operational readiness.
We are proud to be certified as a “Top Employer Switzerland” and “Top Employer Europe” showing the company’s commitment to our employees and the community around us.
The recently opened new location in Zurich focuses on accelerating research, data and commercialization of our medicines and vaccines. The new office will be staffed by teams working in strategic and operational roles in medical affairs, clinical development, access and marketing operations functions.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.