|Place of work||***CH Suisse/ Schweiz/ Switzerland***, 4303 Kaiseraugst|
|Work experience||Junior Professional (1 to 3 years experience)|
|Short description||Start IT |
We are looking for post-graduates with strong interest in technology for our rotational development program Start IT. Over the course of 18 months, you will work in a global cross-functional and also cross-regional setup and you will have the opportunity to contribute to different key IT projects at Roche. In addition to on- and off-the job training you will have the opportunity to rotate to one of our IT-site in Asia, Europe or America. During the program you are a part of an active network with other current Start IT participants.
|Long description||Job facts|
The Infrastructure Automation Specialist will be part of our Global Network Operations team that supports and manages a large-scale Enterprise network with global data centers, campuses and manufacturing areas. The team is heavily involved in handling complex incidents and delivering network solutions over different technologies such as Wireless, DC-LAN, WAN, LAN or Load-Balancing.
We are looking for driven system engineers who are already automating day to day or automation engineers with a keen interest in supporting network infrastructure (routers, switches, wireless, voice, etc.). They should envision a future where network operations are fully automated.
- Develop and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including:
- deploying and auditing configuration of network devices
- monitoring network health, including metrics collection, visualization, and alerting
- tracking network utilization over time to assist capacity planning models
- Thoroughly write proper tests and documentation for all tools
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated self-starter and curiosity is what drives you. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are a strong team player with a pronounced service orientation and proven collaboration and teamwork experience.
- Master in Computer Science or Software & Systems. Graduation no longer than 2 years ago.
- Experience programing with Python or Ansible and using open source tools.
- High Linux background
- Working knowledge of SCM & CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Git and Jenkins is plus
- Network basic knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of the organization with executives and senior leaders
- Fast-learner, passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge, agile and IT savvy
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and intercultural awareness
- Fluent in two languages, one of which must be English
We accept applications until March 15th, 2020. Selected candidates will run through a number of interviews. Should these be successful, then you will be invited in June 2020 for final assessment of program eligibility. The start of the program will be in November 2020.
For more information about the rotational development program Start IT please click here.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
PLEASE APPLY HERE: