|Referenznummer||Keine Informationen vorhanden|
|Arbeitsort||UK Royaume-Uni/ Vereinigtes Königreich/ United Kingdom, EC3M 3BY London|
|Kurzbeschreibung||This is a summer internship programme for analysts to gain exposure to commodity products, structuring, and trading with an emphasis on risk. From there, participants will participate in two 4-week rotations through matched trading desks. Selection of the trading desks participants would be assigned to will be a mutual selection process in that both the trading desks and interns would pick their top 2 desks that they are interested in working with. At the end of the Summer Intern Program, a desk may extend an offer of employment to become a future Analyst.|
|Beschreibung||Castleton Commodities International is an independent global commodities merchant. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI focuses its activities on the markets it understands best, while constantly striving to expand its knowledge base and network of relationships in order to participate in new markets.|
CCI is an active participant in the liquid products markets which consists of trading desks focused on Light Ends, Distillates, Crude, Derivatives, Fuel Oil and Wet Freight. Our global footprint and comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of the oil market enables us to transact successfully across a wide spectrum of opportunities. We significantly enhanced our capability and presence in these markets with our 2015 acquisition of Morgan Stanley’s Global Oil Merchanting business.
This programme is a unique opportunity designed to provide a strong basis for a role within the business, and to identify and develop people who have the desire to become active players in the company. Graduates will be exposed to the fundamental components of the global commodities industry.
Requirements: At CCI, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent. We value our human capital and seek strong contributors whom we can support and provide with the opportunities to be successful. We are seeking individuals who have strong technical skills along with an understanding of derivative products and an interest in the commodity markets.
• Analyse markets to identify trading opportunities, analysing and understanding risks
• Design and develop models to analyse economic data, market fundamentals and forecast prices
• Perform research and statistical studies of identified risk factors
• Identify market pricing trends and discontinuity
• Design and formulate trade ideas and execute with rigorous risk management control. Run back-testing to verify the strategy prior to production execution
• Review research reports and articles that examine recent developments in the energy markets
• Build up close connection with external consultancies and internal research team
• Pursuing Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Physics or a related field of study
• Expected graduation date in Spring 2021
• Prior internship/exposure to the commodities markets, or experience with other financial institutions and consulting is preferred
• Excellent analytical and technical skills in one or more of the following: R, Python, Matlab, C++, VBA, Excel—as well as SQL or other database exposure. Python is the preferred programming language.
• Superior communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work as an effective team player and add value to team